Last modified: 7/12/2021
Rise Run Capital, LLC (“Rise Run” or “we” or “us”) is a private equity firm that provides investment opportunities to investors. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This Privacy Notice (our “Privacy Notice”) describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.riseruncapital.com (the “Website”) or provide us information to qualify as an investor and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on our Website;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website; and
- when you fill out a form or otherwise provide information to qualify to become an investor in our investment opportunities, electronically or otherwise.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us any other means, including offline (other than as described above) or on any other website operated by Rise Run or any third-party;
- us that is related to your or any other individual’s employment or potential employment with us; or
- any third party, including any organizations you consider or actually do invest in.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website. By accessing or using this Website or by providing us information to qualify you as an investor, you agree to this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice may change from time to time (see Changes to Our Privacy Notice). Your continued use of this Website or later providing us information to qualify as an investor is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check this Privacy Notice periodically for updates. To the extent other privacy practices apply if and when you become an investor in one of our investment opportunities, we will provide you notice of our privacy practices at that time.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website, nor may children under 18 directly register to qualify as an investor (parents or other legal guardians may, however, register to invest on behalf of their children and list children under 18 as a beneficiary or hold investments in trust for investments). We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on our Website or request to be qualified as an investor, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information directly from a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com[LL1]
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website (“Personal Data”):
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number (only when registering to qualify as an investor), and other similar identifiers by which you may be contacted online or offline;
- that is about your use of our Website, such as the date and time of your visit, what pages you visit, general location information, IP addresses, etc; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- from third parties, such as government records and publicly available resources; and
- automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website or when you register to qualify as an investor includes:
- information that you provide when requesting further information about our us or our investment opportunities, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, employer/company, and other contact information.
- information that you provide us by filling out forms or otherwise provide us to qualify as an investor. This includes information that we may require to qualify you as an investor, such as your name, physical address, email address, social security number, bank account information, personal property, marital status, job title, licenses and other certifications, investment preferences and risk tolerance, information about your other investments, and other relevant information;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us through other means (such as email); and
- other information we may ask you for when you report a problem with our Website.
The Personal Data we collect from you is required for us to provide you the information you request or to qualify you as a potential investor. If you refuse to provide such Personal Data or withdraw your consent to our processing of Personal Data (when appropriate), then we will not be able to qualify you as an investor and you will not be able to participate in our investment opportunities.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
When you register to qualify to become an investor in one of our investment opportunities, we may receive certain information from government records and credit reporting and other similar organizations to verify your identity and that you are eligible to make an investment with us. This may include verification of your social security number, financial accounts, financial history, and whether you are prohibited from investing in the United States. We may also collect other publicly available information about you from social media and similar sites to further understand your background and whether our investment opportunities are appropriate for you.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns:
- details of your visits to our Website. We collect traffic data, location data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, i.e. your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests; and
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Rise Run, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to present our Website and their contents to you;
- to provide you with information about our investment opportunities or services that you request from us;
- to qualify you as a potential investor in one of our investment opportunities;
- to provide you with notices about your investments, if you invest in an investment opportunity with us;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for investment funding and collections;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any investment opportunities or services we offer or provide;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- to maintain the safety, security, and/or integrity of our business, Website, and our investment opportunities and services;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about additional investment opportunities and services that may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt-out of this communication, you may do so at any time by sending us an email stating your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not share, sell, or otherwise disclose your Personal Data for purposes other than those outlined in this Privacy Notice. However, we may disclose aggregated information about our investors and Website users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Data that we collect or you provide as described in this Privacy Notice:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. These entities include accounting, legal, mailing, and IT and infrastructure support service providers;
- to credit reporting agencies and government organizations when required to verify your eligibility to invest in our investment opportunities;
- to a potential or actual buyer or other successor in the event of a planned or actual merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Rise Run Capital, LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Rise Run Capital, LLC about our investors and Website users are among the assets transferred;
- to custodians and other third parties in connection with the investment(s) you make;
- to government regulators, as required by law;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rise Run Capital, LLC, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information. When possible, these organizations are under contractual obligations to use this data only for providing the services to us and to maintain this information strictly confidential. These third parties may, however, aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
- Investment Opportunities from Rise Run. If you do not wish to have your contact used by Rise Run to promote new investment opportunities, you can opt-out at any time by contacting us at any time with your request through the contact information below. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. Note that this opt-out does not apply to information provided to Rise Run as a result of a current or former investment by you.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You may contact us through the contact information below to request access to, correct, or delete any Personal Data that you have provided to us. If you have an investment with us, we cannot delete your Personal Data except by also closing and liquidating all of your investments with us. Please note that we can not accommodate a request to change or delete your Personal Data if we believe that this would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the Personal Data to become incorrect. Note your Personal Data may have also been copied or stored by the custodian or other third party responsible for the investments in which you have invested.
Do Not Track Signals
We also may use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such a signal is broadcast or received by us.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures deployed on the Website.
Consent to Processing of Personal Data in the United States
Our investments are generally not available to individuals outside of the United States. However, if you are a resident outside of the United States, in order to provide our Website and investment opportunities and services to you (when these investment opportunities and services are made available outside the United States), we may send and store your Personal Data outside the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not provide an equivalent level of protection for your Personal Data, such as United States. Your information may be processed and stored in the United States and United States federal, state, and local governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your Personal Data through the laws of the United States. By using our Website or making or applying to make an investment with us, you represent that you have read and understood the above and hereby consent to our collection of Personal Data and the storage and processing of Personal Data outside the country where you reside or are located, including in the United States.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice at any time. It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Notice on this page with a notice that the Privacy Notice has been updated on the Website’ home page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ Personal Data, we will notify you by email to the primary email address specified in your account and through a notice on the Website’ home page. The date this Privacy Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
If you have any questions, concerns, complaints or suggestions regarding our Privacy Notice, have any requests related to your Personal Data pursuant to applicable laws, or otherwise need to contact us, you may do so by contacting us at:
Rise Run Capital, LLC
5001 Spring Valley Road
Dallas, TX 75244